ClickCease DC Nursing Homes: How to Report Abuse or Neglect
08/02/10   |   By

DC Nursing Homes: How to Report Abuse or Neglect | DC Metro Area Medical Malpractice Law Blog

5 stars

The District of Columbia Department of Health licenses and certifies health care facilities for compliance with state and federal health and safety standards. Facilities include nursing homes, hospitals, home health agencies, dialysis centers, ambulatory surgical centers, intermediate care facilities for the mentally retarded, and laboratories. The Health Care Facilities Division (“HCFD”) is charged with conducting regular on-site surveys to ensure health, safety, sanitation, fire, and quality of care requirements. HCFD identifies deficiencies that may affect state licensure.

The D.C. government publishes a list of nursing home facilities in DC and also has a list of home health agencies in DC. A family member, friend or even the resident can file a complaint on line or can call the DC Hotline 202-442-5833.

If you or a loved one have suffered from an abusive or negligent healthcare experience, contact the legal team at Regan Zambri & Long PLLC at 202-463-3030 for a free consultation.

Regan Zambri Long
Share This Article
Tagged ,

Schedule a Free Consultation

Have you or your loved one sustained injuries in Washington DC, Maryland or Virginia? Regan Zambri Long PLLC has the best lawyers in the country to analyze your case and answer the questions you may have.

Call 202-960-4596

  • Please do not send any confidential or sensitive information in this form. This form sends information by non-encrypted email, which is not secure. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Back to Top